Goals, Dreams, Future


My Vision:
I know this blog is brand new (unless it’s sometime after April 2019 in which case this is an old but still relevant post that you are reading, also I must say thanks for doing all the scrolling or digging to find it) however I do have a lot of things I would like to do with this site as time goes on. I don’t just want this to be a site where I type down the passion I have for other people’s books, I want it to turn into a fun community where readers and writers can come together to talk about the thing we all love. That being said, that kind of thing won’t happen without conversation and interaction, so I encourage you to leave comments on everything. Mention some things you liked or disliked about a book on the review list. Even if I have it ranked as a 5 and you think its a 0 that’s not only ok, it's great. Different view points are always needed so others can get an better idea of the book they are thinking about reading. So long as opinions and thoughts are discussed in a friendly way without trying to force them down each other’s throats, varying opinions will always be wanted here. I also know this will take time, a lot of work, and mistakes on my part so stick with me through the rough spots and we’ll enjoy this journey together.



Community:
The main thing I want to make here is a community. I want to have not only discussions and friendships happening in the comments of the reviews but also just in general. I’d love to make a kind of virtual coffee shop book hangout where people can come talk to each other about any author, book, and genre they are into at that moment and share their book passion others. I am personally a romance junkie, I write romance and most of the reviews you see on this blog will be romance, but I want to include other genres too. I want people who are into historical fiction, nonfiction, contemporary fiction, science fiction, romance, and every other genre to feel welcome here. In the interest of achieving this I have a few ideas.



Book Potluck:
When interactions and the community grow, in the hopefully near future, I want to have a weekly book potluck where everyone can come on and talk about what they are reading now and how they feel about the book. If they are looking for their next book crush or a specific kind of read, I’d like people to be able to describe what they are in the mood for and get a bunch of ideas and feed back on different books they can try. Again I want this to be a friendly fun space so the main rule to this is to keep comments to each other nice.



Bookish Book Club:
I don’t know about any of you, but I do not have a place near me that has a good book club I can join, nor do I really have time to go somewhere at a specific time to enjoy one. I know there are online book clubs and hundreds devoted to just one author or genre, but I’d like this one to be different. When this part of the blog gets started, I want to have a few monthly poles on my twitter account that will outline how the club that month will go. The first pole will be to decide on a genre; in the interest of not having the same one all the time, I’ll make sure to take one option out if it keeps getting chosen. In the comment section, I’ll have everyone tell me what books they would want to see from that genre in the poles as an option for us to all read. I’ll then have four poles to decide which books will make it into the final post that will decide what book will be read for the next month. Now, there will be no obligation to participate in any of the poles, however I feel that opening ourselves up to new books and genre’s we might not have otherwise looked at gives us even more opportunities to live as many book lives as possible. It might even make you realize you love another genre. 

I want to start this as a monthly thing when the time comes. That gives everyone a chance to read the book and get an idea of what they want to talk about when the chat for it opens. As time goes on and I see how much people like this, I might open it up to happening more than once a month. 



Writers Corner 
Most writers are avid readers and everyone no matter who they are, if they have been publish, or how long they have been writing can use advice every now and then. I’d really like to put together a community where writers can chat about writing and perhaps give new writers some advice along the way. Please note that this is all free, I don’t want to turn this into a money buys you more kind of thing.



Bookish TV: 
This is an idea that's just flirting with my vision for this blog right now. I have been working on a fun little romance series involving keys, magic, paranormal creatures, and adventures all mixed together with humor. I’m thinking about adding parts of it weekly on my blog as a kind of book TV show. There is also a possibility that I’ll have some contests going on to add a member of the communities name into the story as a hero or heroine. This is only a thought I am playing with and can’t guarantee it will happen. Please leave a comment below if this is something you would like to see.



Puzzles:
I am not completely sure how to manage this one but I think it would be fun to have some puzzles and community games that involve books.

Overall, I really just want to turn this site into a fun place for readers and writers so if you have any suggestions or know of any puzzles that might be fun please let me know in the comments below. 


As always happy reading. 

Comments

  1. I am so glad to see your goals for you blog here and there is quite a huge community out there and plenty of bookish fun for you to enjoy!! Hope you love blogging as much as I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. Thank you so much for all the help and getting me into it. It’s honestly addictive lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Destiny Mine by Anna Zaires Book Review

Ranking System

Christmas In Evergreen by Nancy Naigle Book Review