Shadow Keeper by Christine Feehan Book Review

Shadow Keeper by Christine Feehan
Published by: Berkley
Publication Date: May 29th, 2018

Series Information: Shadow Keeper is book three in Christine Feehan’s Shadow Rider series and is Giovanni and Sasha’s book. 

Other books in the series include: 
Shadow Rider, book one in the Shadow Rider series and is Stefano and Francesca’s story. Published June 28th, 2016
Shadow Reaper, book two in the Shadow Rider series and is Ricco and Markio’s story. Published May 30th, 2017 

Genres: Romance, Paranormal Romance, Crime romance

Formats: Ebook, Paperback

Pages: 432


My Ranking: 

Fire In The Sheets Ranking: 5 inferno. There is a lot of fun I the sheets in this one. My ranking system is a little different from most, for more information please click here.









Page Turing Ranking: 5 Pulled in. My ranking system is a little different from most, for more information please click here














Where To Buy:



My Review:

Warning, though I try my best to avoid this, all reviews can contain spoilers of some kind. If you would like to know just my overall opinion of the book, and otherwise go into reading it blind, please scroll down to my overall and would I recommend it section.

    This book knocked my freaking socks off. Since Shadow Rider came out back in 2016, I have been looking forward to Giovanni‘s book. Why was I fixated on him, I have no idea, but I have to say I wanted to read his book so much I was actually a little worried I would be disappointed in some way by it, thankfully I was more than pleased. 

    Our story starts out with Giovanni Ferraro sidelined from being a shadow rider because of a recent injury to his leg. Thanks to this annoying turn of events, Giovanni has no choice but to play the part of a bored rich playboy while his family carries out justice in the shadows. I know it doesn’t sound like a job, but this clever family knows how to use this image to give them all an alibi. Problem is, no one in the family actually likes that life, and they don’t really want the women they have to be seen with. Only one who’s shadow will mingle with their own will break the deepest lock on a Ferraro’s heart and finally give them the love they both need and desire. After a lifetime of looking for the one and months playing this empty part, Giovanni is restless. What a time for the woman who’s shadow reaches for his to show up... and hear every detail of something she shouldn’t have. 

    From a ranch in Wyoming, Sasha knows the importance of family and the pain of losing it. Her parents passed away in a car accident that left her brother with brain trauma and an inability to remember her, no matter how many times she visits. That’s why she finds herself in this nice little town in Chicago. Everyone says it’s the safest place to live, and it’s close to the facility her brother is placed in. Sasha seems to be completely out of everyone’s reach, but working so much will do that to a girl. However, Giovanni Ferraro crossing her path is not something she was planning on. Why on earth is she so effected by the charms of a man who plays with women like he does? To top it all off, a new player has decided to shove himself into Sasha’s life like a jack hammer. Will Sasha and Giovanni find their way trough this mess or will their love get blown off the map? Yup, this little corner of Chicago isn’t so quiet after all. 

    Hot dang! I love, love, love the challenges these two face. Talk about karma being instant. Sasha is one of my favorite Christine Feehan heroines. She has a heart of gold, is not gullible, and doesn’t think violence should be the first answer to a situation but don’t let any of that fool you, this girl will bite back whenever she needs to. I think what I really liked about Sasha was how she resists Giovanni because of the world he lives in, rather than being afraid of the feelings she has, and boy are those hot. 

Excerpt From Shadow Keeper by Christine Feehan

    Giovanni has always been so strong in every way for his family, but when he meets his woman, all bets are off. He started to fall for Sasha even before he knows she was the one woman for him. The love you feel coming off Giovanni is amazing. I can not say enough how much this guy made me swoon. 

Excerpt From Shadow Keeper by Christine Feehan

    The way these two grow together is amazing. In this one, I can really feel the struggle they have with all the obstacles in their lives as well as the way they challenge each other. Sasha and Giovanni push each other growing from one another and become better because of it. 

    The actual romance isn’t lost in the action in this book either. There are some melt my heart worthy scenes in this book that made me wish I was in Sasha’s shoes at that moment. Let’s just say Giovanni knows how to treat his woman right. 

Excerpt From Shadow Keeper by Christine Feehan

    I also like how different the ultimate challenge they face is. It was so refreshing to see a problem be presented the way that this book has done so with it being centered around them and yet not at the same time. It really brings into perspective that the outside world can have a huge impact in the lives of the Ferraro family in ways I didn’t expect and that can surprise even them. 
    
Overall: 

     This book is amazing, I could not put it down. I adore these two characters to a point that while this book isn’t my top favorite in the series, these two characters are. The love that pours off the pages in this one is off the charts crazy good, and the story itself sizzles.  


Would I Recommend It: 

     There is nothing to say to this other than yes. Absolutely yes. If you like romance, action, and family bonds you’ll be into this read.

Start a conversation. Let me know what you thought of this book, or if you are excited to give it a go.


As always, happy reading.

Comments

  1. What a great review. I am in LOVE with this series. Its so dang good. And the family here is so fun to read. I did love seeing how much they both grow in this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊💐 I agree, this is an awesome series. I wasn’t sure if I’d like it much or not though when it first came out to be honest. Mafia really isn’t my thing, but I got through Shadow Rider in only a night. Lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Destiny Mine by Anna Zaires Book Review

Ranking System

Christmas In Evergreen by Nancy Naigle Book Review