Guise by R.M. Simone' Short Story Erotica Review


Guise by R.M. Simone’
Published by: R.M. Simone’ Roshandra Simon
Publication Date: June 28, 2016

Genres: Erotica, Short Story

Formats: Ebook

Pages: 53







My Ranking: 

Back Room: 4 (This ranking is referring to the sneak peak from what I think is book three in the series and does not pertain to the story being told in this first installment. ) My ranking system is a little different from most, for more information please click here.









Page Turing Ranking: 2 Please be aware that short stories do have their length taken into consideration when calculating their rank. My ranking system is a little different from most, for more information please https://bookishcreation.blogspot.com/2018/04/all-ranking-on-my-blog-are-born-of-my.html?m=1








Where To Buy:



My Review:

Warning, though I try my best to avoid this, all reviews can contain spoilers of some kind. If you would like to know just my overall opinion of the book, and otherwise go into reading it blind, please scroll down to my overall and would I recommend it section.


    Ok, ladies please make sure you are not at work or in public when reading the hot and heavy scene in this book. It may cause you to need to rush home to your man immediately. This story focuses on a woman who meets a handsome man at a business meeting. Flash forward quite a bit and she simply can’t get him out of her mind. Things get very heated when fantasies surface that push into the realm of taboo and is sure to steam your glasses. 

    The sexual scene in this book is exactly what I expect in an erotica. It pulls you into the sexual fantasy and turns you on right away. I really loved how the heroine doesn’t think of names while in the heat of passion but rather focuses on distinctive body characteristics. This really pulled me into the moment and helped set the feel of the scene. 

    There are a lot of very colorfully painted images in this book that come with both actual pictures for the reader to see what’s being described as well as a lot of interesting history. While I always find history on anything that still exists today very interesting, this part of the book created a lot of drag to the story as well as confusion. I understood a lot of the cultural aspects behind these moments but the relevance to the character was often lost in these chapters. This caused me to become very confused as to weather or not the main character was supernatural or just very spiritual. If she was spiritual, I am still not quite sure what religious practice she was observing. 

    With that said, the books images were also described with a lot of metaphors, too many for my liking actually. Again, while I could understand the reason for this jigsaw puzzle like details as well as understood what was being said, it has a high possibility to confuse readers. 

    The steamy scene mentioned earlier comes at the very end of the book in what I believe is a chapter from the third installment of the series, however it is clear that this scene is not part of the story presented in this first installment but rather something that takes place much later on in the characters lives. I will say that the way the book was written before this sneak peek helped create a feeling of falling without much control for the kind of hot scene that takes place in the sneak peek.

    The main reason for the lower ranking of this book is the confusing nature of historic placement within the plot as well as the strange way images are put together. Through all of this I honestly lost sight of what the actual story was about. 
    
Overall: 
    The chapter from a future installment that appears after the end of this story is very hot and shows a promising character cast. This book itself is filled with chapters that focus on history that causes confusion to the overall story. There are also too many metaphors used to describe images for my liking. 

Would I Recommend It:
    While I do want to read the book that the sneak peek chapter came from, I have to say I do not recommend this book. I was too lost in the history presented and the metaphors used to describe images. Please know that all readers are different and if you are into metaphors and don’t mind historic facts coming up that are not presented as part of the story this is a colorful read for you. 

Start A Conversation: 

    Let me know what you thought about this book, or let me know what you’re most excited to read about in it. 


As always, happy reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destiny Mine by Anna Zaires Book Review

Ranking System

Christmas In Evergreen by Nancy Naigle Book Review